Are you ready to step out of your comfort zone, to set your love upon gospel-deprived people, to move cross-culturally and learn a language to impact lives, families, communities, and even cultures with the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Join the hundreds of BMW servant-leaders who are currently living and working across the globe. Short-term missions are nice, but the real work of the ministry begins after you have fully entered their world, learned their language, and adapted to their culture. Like Jesus did. Like Paul did.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Many people read about God’s work through the BMW family and email our Global Opportunities Team wanting to get involved. Here’s the information we’ll ask you for up front:
- Are you a follower of Jesus Christ who has received His salvation by grace through faith alone?
- What church do you consider your home church, and how do your church leaders feel about your desires for international ministry? The reason we ask this is because BMW exists to help churches send out their best servant-leaders. So, we really want to know what they think.
- How are you currently serving? What kind of ministries have you been involved with in your local church or community? Nothing magical happens on an airplane ride overseas; you will likely do there what you’ve been doing here.
- Have you read BMW’s online doctrinal statement and are you in agreement with it? Most believers who want to start churches have a good understanding of doctrinal distinctives. We tend to find ourselves in the Bible church and Baptist church arenas.
- Are you looking to be a vocational missionary or a bivocational tentmaker? Are you looking to raise support from churches and individuals (a vocational missionary), or are you anticipating supporting yourself through a job in the marketplace (bivocational tentmaker)? We will need to shape your training to meet your needs.
WHAT WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR
We are not asking for several things:
- Applicants are considered without regard to color, sex, age, national origin, protected disability, or veteran status.
- BMW also accepts applications from those who have not received formal Bible or Christian college degrees. In fact, some of BMW's finest missionaries are those who, while engaged in secular careers, were equipped for ministry over a period of years by their local church.
- We are not asking you to commit to serving for a lifetime overseas. By “career” missions, we understand that the biblical model was for servant-leaders to take one mission at a time. In today’s world, that typically means moving overseas for at least 2-4 years to enculturate and learn the language. Your career may span many decades in gospel-deprived locations, but we leave it to God to direct your steps as to the length of time.
GETTING THE BALL ROLLING
To begin the process, fill in our Preliminary Questionnaire and email it to us. Two things will happen: we will email you to confirm we received the PQ, and we will contact your home church to secure their recommendation.
Once your home church provides us with a positive recommendation, you will be sent an Application. Emailing in your Application begins the four-stage process of BMW preparing you for the field. Go to the Process Page to learn about BMW’s cutting edge pre-field training seminars.
If you have a few questions before sending in your PQ, our Global Opportunities Team is available to answer your questions at 770.339.3500 or via email at GO-Team@biblicalministries.org.