"The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech
the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." (Luke 10:2)
Our ministry in Honduras presents us with opportunities to be involved in reaching rural communities for Christ as well as helping metropolitan churches take an active role in preparing and sending missionaries. We are seeking to lead church-planting movements in the places that we minister and assist Honduran churches to respond to the Lord's call to participate in the harvest both locally and globally.
BMW Honduras exists to empower Hondurans to reproduce themselves
into Biblical churches both nationally and around the world.
The pursuit of this vision has taken us in two strategic directions.
- In the departments of Copán and Ocotepeque we are currently involved in leading church-planting movements in different stages of development. The Copán ministry, which is near completion, has developed 5 mother churches which presently have 12 church plants and plans for others (click here to watch the video). This same model will be pursued in Ocotepeque where we have found at least 6 rural communities that presently do not have any evangelical church.
- The second facet of our ministry in Honduras is to develop national leadership in existing churches who capture a vision for fulfilling their role in developing and sending missionaries both locally and worldwide (click here to watch the video). This is accomplished through meeting with church leaders and sharing the Change Workshop material developed by BMW and theological education. Our involvement with Agape Christian Church in Tegucigalpa has led to us working closely with them in their efforts to reach an indigenous people group through the operation of a medical clinic called Clinica La Joya. We have been called upon to take an active part in helping this project become self-sustaining and more effective in its outreach through providing administrative counsel and assist in the development of a vision that will help better channel their resources.
- More information related to our strategy, values and perspective on Honduras can be found by going to the following link: Honduras Field Strategy.
||The Fitzgerald family lives in San Rafael, Sinuapa Ocotepeque and is directly involved in multiple church plants in the mountainous region of Ocotepeque.
||The Stromberg family lives in Nueva Ocotepeque, Ocotepeque and is directly involved with Ocotepeque ministry.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- Prayer & financial support: Our success depends upon the faithful prayer and sacrificial giving of God's people. If you desire to receive an update on our progress or more detailed financial information feel free to contact any of us by email or consult How To Support A BMW Missionary.
- Agricultural expertise: We are interested in having a person with an agricultural experience assist us in our efforts to reach rural communities in Ocotepeque on a short-term basis. For more information, please contact Fred Stromberg.
- Clinica La Joya: Special projects include:
- Building a house for the caretaker
- Building a hen barn for 1000 laying hens
- Developing a pastoral training center
- Purchasing a vehicle