GREAT COMMISSION OUTREACH
In Catalonia, the northeastern region of Spain, where only 0.7% claim to be believers and where there are 84 cities of more than 5000 people with no evangelical church. The people are bilingual - speaking Spanish and Catalonian, which is the official language. Society is very secular, atheistic and materialistic - with no room for God in their hectic lives. But the people are also warm and friendly and thirsty for meaningful relationships.
Our city of Sant Cugat in Barcelona province has grown from 55,000 to 80,000 in the last 13 years. It is filling with young professionals and has the 2nd highest income per capita in all of Spain. We began meeting as a new church in the fall of 2008.
PERSONAL EVANGELISM - COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT – A CHRISTIAN WORKPLACE
The avenues for developing relationships are endless: neighbors, schools, sports, business, friendships, parks, hospitality, Bible studies, book tables, social contact, community programs, etc.
ADVANCE CENTER - MINISTRY/WORK PLACE IN SANT CUGAT
A workplace and schedule that can be seen and understood opens doors and facilitates integration in the community. The Advance Center offers services to the community in a way that conveys God's truth and love. It connects us with people and develops relationships, giving opportunities to sow spiritually.
- Personalized classes: private, groups, in homes or businesses, intensive summer courses
- Preparation for official exams
- Translation services
- Family counseling
- Ebenezer Editions (Christian Publisher)
- Christian and family resources
- Translations and Spanish/English co-publications
- Material published: Children's material with Christian values (stories, Bible handbooks, Bible stories, games), devotional books, calendars, postcards and the free evangelistic Pinceladas bulletin with articles on spiritual topics, testimonies, pediatric advice, counselling, apologetics, marriage, parenting, etc.
- Activities sponsored: parenting & marriage cl asses, conferences on various topics (all for outreach).
- Meeting Place (limited and temporary as zoning laws don’t allow for official church services) -- prayer, Bible classes, Bible studies, discipling, youth activities (though we outgrew it last year and urgently need to replace it with a larger center)
- Administration and office space – a visible Christian presence in Sant Cugat, open to the public.
- Possibility of offering work visas (since it’s increasingly difficult to get into Europe on a missionary visa)
- Possibility of adding new activities.
Short term or long term, using your profession and your every-day job skills combined with a heart for relational evangelism and discipleship!
- ESL teachers and any other language teachers
- Editors, publishers, graphic designers, etc.
- Music teachers
- Youth workers
- Children's ministries workers
- Camp directors/workers
- People with accounting, secretarial and administrative skills
MINISTRY FUNDS NEEDS
- Funds for multifunction center to legally house all the ministries
- Funds for outreach projects and materials: Pinceladas bulletin, other evangelistic literature, etc.
For more information contact Dave Philbrick
For donations, contact Biblical Ministries Worldwide