“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard?” (Romans 10:13-14)
This is the truth and the challenge we face as we desire to glorify God through the establishment of a church among those here in West Africa. We long for them to HEAR, UNDERSTAND and BELIEVE in Christ as their Savior:
- To HEAR: Due to their religious beliefs, there is much resistance to the Bible and even the name of Christ. So, one of our greatest fights we face is simply to get an audience. More are beginning to HEAR and listen as they see that we are not giving them another religion, but rather God and His truth.
- To UNDERSTAND: For every biblical truth there are ten lies. So, for them to UNDERSTAND the Gospel, we have to re-define terms and concepts like death, sin, judgment, mercy, faith, sacrifice, even God Himself.
- To BELIEVE: We have been teaching the Bible chronologically so that the people will be willing to HEAR God’s word and so it will become the final authority in their lives. This is so that when we talk about Jesus they can truly UNDERSTAND and truly BELIEVE. One day we hope to see a church planted, which is firmly established upon the precepts of God’s word and bearing much fruit for the kingdom of God.
- For solar-powered audio players that have made it possible for many to HEAR God’s word who could never have come to a group meeting due to work, travels and social pressures.
- For the many women, who previously had shown no interest, have begun to listen and to show tremendous UNDERSTANDING.
- That God’s word will be HEARD and UNDERSTOOD, so that people can BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as the ONLY means of salvation.
- That we will see a strong, vibrant church established here in West Africa.
- That the interest that many women are showing in spiritual things will grow.
- That David will know what is and is not being understood as he interacts with individuals.
- That the Lord will continue to give us strength to serve Him in this hot and physically demanding environment.